We would like to remind you that there is a complimentary bus service from the hotel to the old town of Vilnius and back for your convenience during the Life Sciences Baltics 2012.
Please check the schedules online:
2012 09 11
2012 09 07
Keep in mind, that besides LSB 2012, all the Forum participants are invited to attend several other events taking place at the same time, all free of charge:
- Baxter presentation, September 12th, 17:30-18:30 h, at the Library room (3rd level), Hotel Le Méridien.
He will also present Baxter International clinical trials in Western Europe and the Baltic Countries.
- XVII Annual International Conference BALTIC DYNAMICS , September 13th, Hotel RADISSON BLU LIETUVA (Konstitucijos pr. 20,Vilnius).
Separate registration necessary.
- Innovative Medicines Initiative (IMI) Info day in Lithuania, September 14th, 9:00 – 12:00h, at the Grand Opera Hall, Hotel Le Méridien.
2012 09 04
An exciting social and cultural programme awaits all guests of LSB2012:
- A GET-TOGETHER to welcome everyone arriving a little earlier will be taking place on September 11, featuring an informal atmosphere with the delightful sounds of the String Quartet ARCO of the Lithuanian Chamber Orchestra performing in the background.
- The GALA DINNER on Wednesday, September 12, will thrill all 5 and perhaps even all 6 of your senses as you watch, touch, taste, smell, and even wear amber in its most unique, bewildering forms: AMBER OTHERWISE, at the Lithuanian National Gallery.
- Savour typical Lithuanian foods and drinks and have fun learning how to make traditional artefacts while listening to the joyful rhytms of ethnic music at the mini ethnic market: LITHUANIAN KITCHEN DINNER, September 13.
- Do not miss the excursions to Vilnius Old Town, not only UNESCO heritage, but also one of the most beautiful city centres in Europe, September 13 and 14.
- End your 3 day Baltic life science experience partying like a student at the STUDENT PARTY on September 14.
2012 08 29
Rathindra Bose, Vice President for Research and Professor of Chemistry at The University of Houston, and one of the speakers at the LSB2012 Conference, will also be giving open lectures at the Lithuanian University of Health Sciences (LUHS) and Vilnius Gediminas Technical University (VGTU). The latter will be signing a Memorandum of Understanding with the University of Houston for the future broad spectrum collaborations, with emphasis on joint study programs, research, and faculty exchanges in the fields of construction and environmental engineering, energetics management, and technomathematics.
Students are invited to attend Dr. Bose’s lecture at VGTU on September 10th, 12.30-13.30 h.
At LUHS his open lecture will take place September 11th, 14.30-15.30 h.
During his visit to Lithuania Dr. Bose plans to meet with many representatives of the country’s life science sector in order to become better acquainted with the possibilities and advantages the field has to offer. We are pleased that LSB2012 has in a way served as a platform and catalyst that helped speed up the formalization of international cooperation between the two higher education institutions.
2012 08 27
The LSB2012 Start-up Programme that will take place September 10-11th seems to be turning out into a truly exciting and enriching event with the participation of some remarkable mentors and unique start-ups. The mentors who will share their knowledge and advice with the Programme participants are:
- Remis Bistras, President of Walden Vision, providing Business Development for BioPharma and a co-founder of biotechnology start-up in ophthalmology space in Boston, USA. His experience includes working for big pharma and entrepreneurial venture capital backed-up start-ups.
- Gary Keller, CEO of Xomix, a Chicago-based accelerator and consultancy in biotechnology, medical, life science, energy and environmental technologies for companies and research organizations. He is an international speaker on the topics of commercialization of technologies, virtual incubation of companies; biotechnology led economic development, technology evaluation, and technical sales and marketing development.
- Scott Osborne, Director of Strategic Initiatives at BioOhio. He assists pharmaceutical, medical device, imaging and...
2012 08 24
Pre-arranged individual B2B meetings that will be taking place during the Partnership Event on September 12th and 13th, offer the opportunity to discuss potential new products, technologies and services, business and research cooperation, technology transfer agreements, find buyers and suppliers and more.
Now it is possible to plan your meetings online:
1. Please find the constantly updated list of companies participating in the Partnership Event.
2. After registration for the Partnership Event, log into your account and conveniently select the companies you would like to meet with.
You will be able to book your B2B meetings until the 3rd of September.
Also don’t forget to register for site visits to the leading Lithuanian life science companies and R&D centres.
2012 08 21
NEW at LSB2012: Innovative Medicines Initiatives' (IMI) Information Day on New Oppotunities For The Baltics
Prof. Michael Goldman, Executive Director of the Innovative Medicines Initiative (IMI), will present the key objectives of the initiative and basic participation rules, ongoing IMI projects and future calls for proposals, as well as practical aspects on how to submit a successful proposal.
The Information Day will take place in Vilnius, Lithuania, at hotel Le Méridien's Grand Opera Hall (Highway A2, 19th km), on the 14th of September, 9 AM - 12 PM.
IMI is Europe's largest public-private partnership aiming to improve the drug development process by supporting a more efficient discovery and development of better and safer medicines for patients. It supports research projects in the areas of safety and efficacy, knowledge management, and education and training). IMI is a joint undertaking between the European Union and the European Federation of Pharmaceutical Industries and Associations (EFPIA). FP7 contributes...
2012 08 10
For one whole week this September Lithuania will become the capital of Life science. Besides the LSB 2012 events starting already on the 11th, the XVII annual international conference Baltic Dynamics will also be taking place in Vilnius on September 13-15th, discussing the role of science and technology parks in supporting entrepreneurial community and attracting speakers and participants from all around the globe.
Baltic Dynamics aims at promoting innovativeness among policy makers, business, science, education and society. Lectures will focus on:
2012 08 09
The Hospital of Lithuanian University of Health Sciences Kaunas Clinics has state-of-the-art technologies for medical imaging and a proper infrastructure to meet the procedural requirements of different radiology examinations. The Radiology Department of Kaunas Clinics provides a wide range of diagnostic imaging services: including CT scanning, DEXA bone density scanning, mammography, angiography, MRI scanning, radioisotope scanning, ultrasound scanning, and X-ray.
2012 08 03
The Hospital of Lithuanian University of Health Sciences (LUHS) Kaunas Clinics is the largest healthcare institution in Lithuania. Established in 1940, the Hospital has grown into one of the most prominent hospitals in the country. Hospital of LUHS Kaunas Clinics is dedicated to providing the highest quality healthcare to patients from all over the country and abroad. Kaunas Clinics employs more than 1200 physicians and 2500 nurses, who provide care according to the standards of evidence-based clinical practice. The hospital has 35 departments devoted to all medical and surgical specialties, including cardiovascular surgery, neurosurgery and organ transplant surgery. In 2011, the annual number of outpatient consultations increased significantly, exceeding 1.1 million visits and 93 thousand hospital admissions.